CRICKET PEPSI.. A GOOD DAY



CRICKET PEPSI.. A GOOD DAY



Nothing can beat the pleasure of toiling us with a good game of cricket. You need not be a great batsman or a bowler or a fielder to get that pleasure, you don’t even need to practice, all you need to do is keep playing the game and enjoy each and every moment of the game.
I got that pleasure today after one long year :).


We started for the match post lunch we had a long way to walk. The so called cricket field was around two to three kilometers from our concrete jungle. There were nine of us in the game five reached the place on bikes and four of us walked the entire way. The benefit of walking was we got a RED BULL energy drink tin as a part of a promotional offer :D should appreciate the business tactics as they were giving a tin worth Rs 70 free of cost for promoting it :D.


Initially I was under the impression that I may not do it well as it has been a long time since I had played and later I realized that it’s the same case with everyone. The reason for that is all of us are trapped in the typical daily routine and forgetting the basic way of how to be happy. Happiness oops!!!! I guess this topic will divert the motto of my current post. All I wanted to say is that we can find happiness in doing things we want to do. We need not get depressed or lost or frustrated. All we need to know is how to relax. Your favorite sport would serve the purpose (not only sports). Before you get a feeling that I have diluted or I got deviated from the topic let me come back to the day: D Nine of us divided into two teams and started playing the game


Totally we played three matches in the day, my opposite team has won the toss elected to bat and scored 15 in six overs (not a big target right!!) I bowled two overs and got one wicket (don’t ask me about the extras: D) I am pretty confident enough that I had performed decently. While we were chasing the 15 runs our Capitan has finished it in three overs but he gave me a chance. I hit a giant shot and was searching for the ball before realizing that I should be running for a single I was caught and gone for a duck: P. I should appreciate my boys as they dint find scoring two more runs to win the match as a big task.



Second match we had two new players and one more over was added to the match. The first over was a big one for the opponents as we scored 12 runs, we thought that the same form would continue but finally the score was 23 in seven overs (this time I was a not out batsman with seven runs in my account which included a boundary). Chasing 23 in seven overs also isn’t a big task but my opponents couldn’t do that they were all out for 15. I was a bit excited and was screaming in the ground the famous dialogs of the movie Magadheera saying Mithravinda Naadi … :D.


Finally the time was 5.30pm and we were not confident enough that we could play a seven over match again. My opposite team Captain was a bit depressed that he had lost two matches, the teams were shuffled and I had to change the team. This time we won the toss and the match was a five over match and we score 34 in the five overs (I was good at batting and contributed some 5 to 6 runs for the score of 34), we did bowled well and we won the match with the help of Sun god too: D I was screaming again saying Mithravinda Naadi … :D. (I bowled two overs got one wicket again this time)


Every one dispersed to the work place. On the way I celebrated another good game of mine with a cocktail of Pepsi and 7up.
Nothing can even beat the pleasure of having a Pepsi after a good game of cricket. I guess that the reason behind Pepsi being the official soft drink of the Indian Cricket Team.



This post may seem stupid for now but this would definitely get a :) or :D ten years down the lane… No matter any one reads it or not Every upcoming writer has atleast one reader who follows thats none other than HIMSELF :)


Cheers
MARS.

Comments

Viswa Ravi said…
:-) .... Redbull - ade digestion tonic laga untundi adaaa maastaru... chepte memu vachcevaallam gaa :P:P
Viswa Ravi said…
Man Of the Match -- Evaru...

do not say SUN ( last match he is match-winner for u na :P:P )

Popular Posts