WALK THE TALK--- Effects of Smoking


This is my first pen down ,,,,,
strictly speaking Keys down :)

Although you need a bit of patience to read this
I have tried my level best to maintain interest between every incident [:)]

The narration is just a Fiction that has come out of my imagination ,,,, after reading a couple of Novels ,,,,,

here it goes ,,,,

..........

For a change I went out for “Walk the Talk” (named it so inspired from the NDTV’s program) was dropped by one of my mates on bike this time He in-turn was going to meet his honey!!!
Was waiting at the extreme end of the lane near the Dayanand Nagar railway station
That’s our hide out. I came first and was chatting with one of my friends on SMS
The sound from a passing by vehicle was getting me back out of my SMS world but this was not the one for which I was waiting so went back into the conversation ….
A blow of a continuous horn distracted me again, this time it was the one whom I was waiting for.
We exchanged ‘Hi’ with eyes and smiles, and then we walked towards the temple in the next lane
Well the usual thing is we walk till temple, she gets in for some time and I wait out side getting busy with my mobile until she comes out.
This time for a change, she took me into the narrow lane between temple and our so called parking place (I always wonder how the Aquarian females get the idea about the abandoned places amidst living coloniesJ). That was a very narrow and long lane only enough for three people to walk at a time. No existing two wheelers on earth apart from bicycle can interrupt your walk
As usual the natives of the colony were immersed in the local channel’s family melodramas.
So ‘what’s up?’ I said in order to disturb the silence
“Nothing much preparation for external theories. Believe me I have finished one and half unit today”
“Wow then there must be a flash news in the TV9 (local news channel) about it then”, laughing at my own joke.
“Very funny, am I supposed to laugh at it? The next times you crack a joke, say me that it’s a joke in advance” were her words.
“Well, what else some thing apart from this routine dialogues” I said.
“Hey how does tobacco taste? How about when you taste it for the first time” was the question.
Sorry!! “Come again” I replied “You heard it right man want to check out how it would i be. Can you get one for me?”
For a second I felt that a bullet train passing through my ears which slipped from its tracks and has hit a goods train coming in the opposite direction
But my inner corporate guy told me “Wake up man this is 2008 not 1968 (as if a female can smoke If its 2008)”
Thinking practically I felt there’s no harm. How much of the wrapped grass could a tender female burn, that too when she is doing it for the first time!!! Was my level of gut? Though it didn’t stop her from doing it
Mean while she was giving me knowledge transfer about the beginners in smoking out 0f the limited knowledge she had. Though that was not a time for lecture it sounded interesting as it was from a pretty good female. I felt as if a child who is in her preschool is explaining about a UFO
“You know dear ‘lights’ have a comparatively less concentration of tobacco compared to the regular cigarettes my friends said” “Not interested!” was my reply wondering whether her friends are chain smokers “So you won’t get me a cigarette now” was her question!
Another side of mine told me to stop her from doing this nutty experiment so I thought for an alternative stupid plan which dint work
“Okay I will get you a cigarette but on one condition” I said. “What” was the question from her side
Here goes the barter system. “For every single puff you take of the cigarette that I get you to smoke, you should give me a kiss! This is the deal are you ready for it?”
I was standing with folded hands with a grin on my face feeling proud of my stupid idea
(either of the cases it would be a benefit for me If she doesn’t agree for the deal then I would succeed in stopping her from smoking If she had agreed for the deal expecting her to take at least one puff, I would get a kiss in the worst case [though the only intention of mine was to stop her from doing the nutty experiment])
This deal was followed by a negotiation and all the regular drama that any female could do
“So what do you think if I don’t agree to your deal wont I get to test smoke? Just wait and see” she walked into a small shop which was in the parallel lane threatening me that she would get it by herself
Mean while I was attending a call from home saying dad that I was at a friends place just to have a casual discussion and will be coming back in a short time
“Here comes the pain. She was presenting herself with a king size gold flake cigarette and a match box” I disconnected the call creating an atmosphere that my dad on other side would get an impression that’s a problem is due to signals and I was puzzled at her cinematic entry.
She was about to light it under that lime light of the street light. Then I said “What are you doing? Not here for god sake. What if any one sees u?” I screamed and we went back into the narrow abandoned lane
She wasted three match sticks for lighting up the cigarette after the brown end of the cigarette turned red she just gave a smile. The brightness which I could see a second before on the match stick that lighting was in her eyes this time
She took a micro puff and was releasing out the smoke asking me “did the smoke come out?” Who can monitor the level of smoke here in this condition?? “Hello sir can u see that” the sound of her voice got me back from the shock
“No” it’s not a lollipop I replied ‘try it hard’ I said Expecting her to stop at least now “hmm here I go again then she kept it again and took a so called puff followed by the question Can you see it?”
Then something flashed in my head and ‘No Take a deeper one’ I said “Here I go then” she said and took a moderate puff and exhaled out again producing out some amount of smoke that comes out of a bikes silencer on the first kick which uses unleaded petrol
‘Yeah’ I said this time and “Yippee I have done it” she screamed as if India has won a world cup
‘Keep it up. Go for another puff’, I said, as my plan was working followed by she taking another deeper puff a big one compared to the previous one
This time the tobacco worked and she started coughing a lot leading the cigarette to drop down I choked her and then gave her an enlightened class about the effects of smoking
There I stood on the winners end by letting her fulfill nutty wishes (which any teenager would have in some corner of their head) and mean time making her know the bad effects of smoking
Then I gave her my handkerchief for wiping her tears that came due to smoke. Then we had another stupid discussion about the deal which we have made earlier.
For the prevention of suspicion of the smell of tobacco at home
I took two water packets from some other shop and a small shampoo packet making her to wait in the same lane thinking that she had enough exposure of the street lights
I went back and made her wash her hands “why do you touch every puppy that you see on the road? It’s not good. I agree that any one would like taming the little one but that doesn’t mean that you touch every puppy you find on road” I was shouting just in order to contradict the suspicious looks of a group of boys who probably were about to return home after a cricket match.
“Good covering” was her complementary reply for my instant reaction to the situation tapping me with the foam filled hand on my cheek playing (absolutely portraying the picture I gave her in the scream)
The boys went back into the discussion about Sachin’s test century not paying much concentration at us making my trick work.
She was about to start another game she had a sip from water packet and was pretending to spit that out on me as an kinder garden kid does with her Mouth filled with water looking like a balloon.
I defended my self by threatening her that I would not hesitate to use her dupatta to clean my face which made her withdraw her still yet nutty ideas
“You know Charan? if you smoke you will get cough and you will get a burning sensation in your stomach and eyes will start leaking…” she started narrating the effects of smoking
I just smiled gaining enough confidence that she wouldn’t dare to touch another cigarette this time and was asking her ‘So now that you are done with smoking when are you planning for a booze? Tell me so that I will be well prepared as it’s not possible to booze in this lane’
A smile was only her reply “Well we will see it kiddo” she replied “I am not a kid” was my stupid reply “Some one who just watches a girl smoking and not doing It in turn is called as a kid” she was defining the word kid in order to tease me.
“I thought even today it will be the casual walk and general discussion that we would have for ten minutes I just dint know how this past one hour passed away, I just forget time when I am with you” she said
I was wondering what I should reply. I just gave a smile as reply because I dint know what to say when I find a stubborn and playful kid turning into emotions. Many thoughts came into my mind for replying her “my pleasure & I am by default like this & anything for you” were one among the stupid choices
Before I was about to say something we came back to this world by a phone call to both of us at the same time asking us “Where are you?”
‘Coming Dad, on the way’ was our answer before we could say something we bid a farewell to each other with gestures
She left and I walked back smiling at my stupid/funny evening with another typical Aquarian girl
“I walk this lonely road the only lonely that I have ever known…. Aha….. Aha …” being played in my walkman

Comments

Popular Posts